Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Living in Utah, one might expect jokes about polygamy.  I married a polyvelociped -- a man who shares his life with multiple bikes.  And just as I would imagine that a polygamist, (not that I pretend to know first hand about the practice), would have a unique relationship with a first wife, so too my husband has a special relationship with his "first" bike.  What I mean to say is, the bike he spends the most time with and is the workhorse is definitely his main squeeze.  He perhaps has a different relationship with #2, then #3 and so on.

"They each serve their own purpose," he says.  "The road bike, the cross-bike, the mountain bike, the BMX..."

I can compare his collection to the days of the week underwear.  Every day deserves another bike for a different labeled occasion.  A lot of my friends ride.  Some have kids that ride and compete as well.  You can imaging the inventory beginning to build!  When it comes to men and cycling, again all logic goes out the window.
 
Decades ago, columnist Erma Bombeck wrote, "Too much of a good thing could be wonderful."   You know what else could be wonderful?....parking your cars inside your garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment